It happens that I finished my Medical psychology exam today,
and I went to have lunch alone in SS19, to have my favourite pan mee.
(For whoever do not what is pan mee, it's actually mee hun kuih in JB term).
As usual, this place is always full of people and got no more table available.
So I saw an elderly man, sitting alone with a set of tea pot drinking his tea and waiting for his pan mee.
So I walk towards him and ask him if I could share the table with him
He very kindly tell me that no one is sitting and I can sit with him.
Once I sit down, he start to establish a rapport with me,
asking me that am I alone, am I working nearby bla bla bla...
At first I thought he's a salesman, or someone with mental illness, or perhaps lack of attention,
that's why he is trying to talk a lot to me, and grab my attention.
But I did not walk away, I just sit down and patient listening to his sharing,
since this uncle looks quite lonely.
He tell me a lot about his story, even I do not know him.
Telling me about his family, his life,
his grandma especially, as she brought him up and lead him to where he is today.
He also tell me ow he met his wife and started off that relationship in an amazing way.
And most important thing, he share with me about his perspective towards the life.
About health, about attitude, about responsible, about how to live.
During the conversation,
I was able to pick up some signs of AcrusSenilis, Restrictive Myopathy, and Exopthalmos from his eyes.
As an optometrist student,
I shared and discussed with him about these condition my limited knowledge,
and suggested him for an eye check up.
I even show his the picture in my reference book (so coincidently I forgot to return to library!).
Of course, I did mentioned about the free screening eye check in my university,
but I still tell him it's up to him where to do the check up.
He was very happy that I was able to tell him all these medical conditions,
and praise me that I would be somebody one day.
He says he loves me very much, and treating me like his daughter.
He even says that he can see and sense that I am a good girl.
( which he did not define how good is actually consider good >"<).
I learn a lot from him.
A stranger that I have not met, because of his willingness to share,
and his love towards the people,
I brought down my pride to be humble, and open up my heart to this person.
I believe he is an elderly person who sounds very happy,
but actually quite lonely deep down in his heart.
I hope that my attention to his words will make him fill more valuable.
But indeed, he resolves the anger and frustration in my heart since the chaos arises last week.
He was right, you will never know where God will lead you to, in His very own way.
I believe he is an angle sent by God, appointed by God to talk to me,
teaching me how to live life happily and joyfully.
He's words make me feels I'm worth and useful for some purpose.
At least I know all the effort I have done is not wasted,
either my studies, or living through hard times.
Thank you uncle Eddie,
May God bless you double or even triple in portion in His ways for your willingness to bless the others.
No comments:
Post a Comment